Evidence based & prevention focused; addressing risk & protective factors underpinning the development of negative body image, disordered eating and eating disorders. A great mix of contextual information, experiential learning and professional discussion.
Suitable for teachers, youth workers, health & community professionals working with young people of all genders aged 8 to 18.
You will explore:
- The spectrum of behaviours from healthy, unhealthy to disordered
- Latest statistics on body image in males and females
- Evidence based approaches to prevention
- The importance of healthy body-esteem and knowledge of modifiable risk and protective factors.
- How to foster a body positive environment through education, awareness and policy.
- A selection of activities and resources to support body esteem.
- Early Intervention - what to do if you suspect a young person is at risk.